On February 22, 2021, an agreement on scientific and technical cooperation was signed between Imereti Agrozone LLC (Georgia) and the Latvian agricultural and scientific-industrial consortium as part of ELGRO GROUP LLC (Latvia) and Biedriba "Mezvidu lauksaimniecibas un tehnologiju parks" (Latvia).
On February 22, 2021, within the framework of the consistently developing cooperation since 2019 between the specialists in the field of greenhouses of Georgia and Latvia to implement a large-scale project to create the Imereti agricultural zone, an agreement on scientific and technical cooperation was signed between Imereti Agrozone LLC (Georgia) and Latvian agricultural and scientific -industrial consortium within ELGRO GROUP LLC (Latvia) and Biedriba "Mezvidu lauksaimniecibas un tehnologiju parks" (Latvia).
Within the framework of joint work, it is planned to jointly participate in research programs in Georgia, Latvia, and other EU countries:
- attraction of European funding and state budgetary targeted programs allocated for development in the field of agro-industrial complexes (greenhouses), including at the level of the Ministry of Agriculture;
- consulting and technical support at the level of leading European industry experts: scientists, chief agronomists, designers, technologists, engineers;
- creation of a competence center, which includes the possibility of training and training of specialized specialists, including agronomists, providing on an ongoing basis advisory and methodological support to farmers;
- creation of laboratories for agronomic support, certification, and plant protection services, a research platform for the development of innovative technologies and solutions, including in the field of supplementary lighting;
- creation of a single seedling department, designed to provide farmers with certified seedlings.
Within the framework of the program of scientific and technical cooperation, it is planned to actually introduce innovative developments, including in the field of supplementary lighting, in greenhouse farms of closed ground, which have proven themselves in operating conditions in modern European greenhouse complexes; development and implementation of scientific and technical solutions to create an optimal̆ environment for light culture in greenhouse complexes in terms of the environmental friendliness of the resulting products and the energy efficiency of the technological process.
One of the most important advantages of such international cooperation is the fact that the solution of a wide range of scientific and technical problems contributes to the successful functioning and development of the economies of the two countries.
At present, the main task of the program of scientific and technical cooperation is scientific, commercial, and industrial implementation of the results of fundamental and applied knowledge and developments, as well as the creation of new generations of equipment, materials, and high technologies on their basis.
Profile universities of Georgia, Latvia, and other EU countries take part in the implementation of the program.
The IAZ Greenhouse Cluster Development Project is very important for both sides. This project can give a significant economic effect on the development and implementation of innovative technologies and will create a modern competitive production.
The scientific and technical cooperation program is an example of a model for integrating the two countries in the field of scientific and technical cooperation. The most important criteria for the program are a high level of organization, well-defined objectives from both sides, strong partnerships, and long-term research plans. Such cooperation is undoubtedly a good incentive for strengthening relations and solving political and economic problems between countries.